Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blogging: not just a hobby anymore

I'm sure everyone who goes online and surfs the internet on a regular basis knows that blogs are everywhere now. Blogs are not limited to regular people writing about their personal lives - even many companies now keep and update blogs. (On a separate note, I wonder who updates the companies' blogs? Do they hire a blogger? If yes, then I would so love that job!)

When blogs were still in their infant days, they were just a way for people to talk about their everyday lives, perhaps to update their day-to-day happenings to friends far away. But today, blogging has become something entirely different! You can see things like celebrities bloggers, video bloggers (vlogs!), wedding blogs, makeup blogs, and the list just goes on! In fact, the way of blogging has changed so much that we can even get paid to blog!

What started out as a hobby has evolved to a full time job for some, and a way to make some side income for others. Besides, if you do get paid blogging opportunities, you get to choose the subject, writing on what interests you. Basically, you get paid for writing things that mean something to you. You have the knowledge to share, and besides, isn't it awesome to get paid doing something fun like blogging?

I don't really have much experience doing this paid blogging thing - but I have done a few in the past. Blog Advertising is something I found to be quite interesting, and I'd love to really get into the action. I have always wanted to blog consistently, but laziness always takes over, or I'd find something else I want to do. So, what better way of motivation for blogging other than taking up some blog advertising opportunities? Besides, sometimes writer's block does get in the way, and these opportunities just provides you with a subject to write on.

No comments: