Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Perfect Match: Video game consoles and HDTV

For gamers out there like me, just having a game console such as the Sony PlayStation 3, the Nintendo Wii, or the Microsoft Xbox 360, is not enough. Sure, you can hook the console up to any TV, and you can start playing the games of your choice. But video games and their consoles have advanced tremendously, especially in the quality of their graphics, that one can only fully enjoy their gaming experience with a high-definition TV (HDTV). That is precisely why video game consoles and HDTVs can be great together, a perfect match if I do say so myself.

My personal favorite video game console is the Sony PlayStation - this includes all the series from the first PlayStation (PS1), and including it's successors the PlayStation 2 and the current PlayStation 3. Maybe it's not fair for the other video game consoles such as the Nintendo Wii or the Microsoft Xbox 360 since I do not have much experience using them, but one big reason why the Sony PlayStation remains my favorite is because of the Final Fantasy role-playing game (RPG) series.

At first, I was entranced by the Final Fantasy games is because of their fantastic graphics - and what kept me interested are its recurring plot themes. It is my personal opinion that nothing beats the graphic capabilities of the Sony PlayStation series. Combine this with the graphically awesome games of the more current Final Fantasy franchise, this is another perfect match in my eyes. This is a huge reason to get a HDTV for your video game console. With a HDTV, you can enjoy your gaming experience at a different level with higher quality graphics - and this is a perfect match for me!

No comments: