Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vancouver 2010


image credit

It's that time again! February 12th 2010 marks the start of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. I'm getting super excited!

If you're living in a tropical country like I do (Malaysia), winter sports are probably the last thing on your mind. However, since I grew up in countries that do have four seasons (Korea and US), this has given me an appreciation for winter sports. Skiing and snowboarding? Absolutely yes! Winter sports are just few reasons that I wished I lived somewhere other than Malaysia (or to have Malaysia be a country with a winter season)!

Some interesting things to know:

  • The 2010 Winter Olympics Games logo (as above) is named Ilanaaq the Inunnguaq.
  • Ilanaaq is the Inuktitut word for friend.
  • This logo is based on the Inukshuk (a stone landmark) that was built for the Northwest Territories Pavilion.

So, for 2 weeks from February 12th to 28th, you can enjoy watching skiing, snowboarding, skating, and all those sports that are done on the ice or in the snow.

No comments: